ADSENSE

Monday, May 21, 2012

CREATING A SELLING GIG ON MICRO JOB WEBSITES


Making money on any Micro Job Website is not as easy as it looks. To be sincere my first month on Fiverr was frustrating and I ended up not making any money. But as time passed, I discovered new ways to make my gigs more effective and it increased the tendency of making a sale. I'll be sharing in brief how you can increase the possibility of making more money on any Micro Job Website.

As you already know, you are not the only one selling a particular gig on the website, this makes the market a little bit competitive. You have to proof to buyers that you are the right person they should hire and you have to make your gig description more professional and captivating. Here are tips to make your gig more effective:



Headline: Choosing the right headline is the first step to convincing buyers. It'll be right to tell you to create gigs that you can do, not just because you feel it'll sell more. There are some gigs that I believe sells more than others, for example:

I will make a constructive comments on your website/blog for $5

I will do a video testimonial for your product for $5

I will share your blog post on my Facebook page for 1 month for $5

I will recommend your product, website, Fanpage to my +2,450 Facebook friends for 1 month for $5.
e.t.c

These are just sample headlines, you don't have to create a gig  you can't do. Remember, you are only paid when the buyer confirms that you have completed the job.

Add Relevant Picture(s): A gig is more effective if there is a good image/picture attached to it. There are higher tendencies that buyers will buy a gig that has a photo image attached to it, because we are naturally attracted to pictures and it makes your gig look more professional. You can use Google search to look for relevant Pictures and add to your Gig.


Add Videos To your Gig(s): This really converts well, sometime ago I created a gig on 'Creating A video Testimonial For Products/Brands' I didn't receive any Gig view until I added a video to my Gig. Videos helps you express your self better, and also helps to make your gig look more professional. Videos also serve as your gig description. Sometimes buyers like to know who they are hiring, and videos creates avenue for that. Even if you are video-shy, you can simply create a picture slide show and then add your voice speech to it.

Gig Description: This is where the whole money lies, if you mess up in your description, I bet you won't make any sale on your gig. Your description should show how capable you are in completing the job. Here are some guidelines in writing your description:

Paragraph 1- Introduction: Introduce your gig properly. Explain what your gig is all about, the importance of the gig e.t.c For example; "Nothing sells a product or promotes a brand better than a strong Video Testimonial, people love to buy products or patronize a brand that someone has tried and is satisfied with..."

Paragraph 2- How are you going to deliver the best result for your gig? Write the methods you will use in delivering the best possible result for your gig. For example; "... that's why I spend most of my time online, researching what consumers are looking for in a product. I will tell customers why exactly they should buy tour product(s)..."

Paragraph 3- Tell them what sets you apart from your competitors. Since you are not the only one offering same service, you have to give them reasons why they should hire you instead of your competitor(s). For example;

"I have a good voice control, good professional looks that would make the video look more professional..."


Paragraph 4- Give Guarantee: Sometimes what you need to close the deal is an assurance that you can do the job. Some buyers might feel you can do it, but they also want to hear it from you. something like "I guarantee you would love my video..." is good enough.


Paragraph 5- Tell them what you want them to do. It's a kind of call to action, this should be the last paragraph. Simply put it this way: " Hire my service(s) now for just $5, it's worth giving a try..."

When you must have finished with the job, you still need to maintain your customers. Getting repeated customers can increase you earning overtime, for you to maintain your customer(s) there are things you can do, like:

When you finish any gig, you can send the buyer a direct message in this format

"It's been my absolute pleasure creating a Testimonial Video for your product/brand. Hope your product(s) receives a large market acceptance.  Anytime you need a similar job done, please don't hesitate to let me know.
If you have a question(s), kindly send me a message and I'll be glad to respond as soon as possible. Let me know how you feel about my work, I want to make sure you are fully satisfied. Thanks, for your time.

Ifeanyi Kalu."

NOTE: These are sample formats that I use, You can edit it to suite yours.

Check back for more tips on making money with Micro  Job Websites.
Hope you make some money this week from Micro Job Websites, wish you all the best. Don't forget to drop your comment(s), it's another way of encouraging me.

Also share this post with friends on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.

1 comment:

  1. Adding videos sure will increase gig sales.. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete